The MetaTrader platform’s creator, MetaQuotes Software, had previously launched a number of iterations beginning in 2002. For Forex traders to trade a variety of assets, MetaTrader is a very well-liked platform. You can access the trading markets with it. Traders can perform a variety of trading activities on this feature-rich platform, including charting, technical analysis, market monitoring, and trade automation using expert advisors. Client and server components are both present in the software. Customers of the broker use the client software to view live streaming prices and charts, place orders, and manage their accounts. The server component is operated by the broker. In 2005, MetaTrader 4, a vastly improved version, was introduced. A significantly revised version of MetaTrader 5 entered public beta testing in October 2009. The MetaTrader 5 trading platform for forex offers all the tools required for financial trading, fundamental and technical analysis, algorithmic trading, copy trading, and the creation of trading robots and customized technical indicators.
Whichever platform you select, you won’t notice any lag in your computer’s speed. Fast trading and speedy execution are made possible by the software’s small weight, which won’t overburden your systems. These are crucial aspects to take into account when trading in the quick-moving and occasionally volatile markets. Both MT4 and MT5 are trading systems with back-testing features and visually comparable graphical user interfaces. However, MT5 was created specifically to address the needs of non-forex and American markets in a way that MT4 was unable to. MT5 is really just different from MT4, not necessarily better.
Advantages of MetaTrader 4-
- Best for novices- Due to its user-friendly interface, MT4 trading platform is a favorite among both new and experienced traders. In order to acquire data for fundamental and technical analysis and make wise decisions, traders can quickly explore the platform.
- Security: To protect the data exchanged between traders and servers, a 128-bit encryption system based on an algorithm with a digital signature is used. However, because the platform is impregnable from the outside, a Trojan virus cannot compromise it.
- Extremely accessible-The MT4 trading platform is simple to obtain, even through brokers, due to its widespread use. Users from various backgrounds can access the application itself. It may be downloaded on both desktop and mobile devices. The online portal for MT4 even enables traders to access their accounts from any device. The MT4 must keep the server functioning for 24 hours, and as the volume of transactions rises and the demand becomes great, there is a chance that events like computer malfunction or freezing may occur.
- Functionality- The software offers three ways to execute orders, nine different order kinds, 30 technical indicators that are built-in, and nine different periods.
- Execution speed is a major concern for all traders, from scalpers to those who trade for longer periods of time, regardless of their chosen trading method, as it has an impact on their productivity and profitability. Market updates indicate that MT4’s transaction processing speed is both lightning-fast and consistent. Due to server slow network connection errors, the exchange also supports transactions.
Disadvantages of MetaTrader4-
- The MT4 trading platform must keep the server functioning for 24 hours, and as the volume of transactions rises and the demand becomes great, there is a chance that events like computer malfunction or freezing may occur.
- The MT4 platform has few drawbacks, however some people can find the installation process tiresome. This is due to the fact that users will need to download extra fonts in order to make sure the software functions properly after the first download and setup. Furthermore, because the application was created primarily for Windows, Mac users may experience issues.
- The web platform of MT4 has another drawback. Although it is practical and simple to use, the user cannot add or remove automation algorithms.
Advantages of MetaTrader5-
- It uses charts, economic calendars, news feeds, technical indicators, and more to undertake in-depth technological and fundamental research of the market. You can keep track of market dynamics and draw an educated conclusion about whether it’s necessary to start or end transactions.
- It provides four different execution types: Market, Instant, Request, and Exchange execution, which is a feature that will be helpful and satisfy the execution requirements of all traders.
- The platforms and devices that MetaTrader 5 is compatible with are numerous. It is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux-based desktops and laptops, tablets, and smartphones (Android and iOS). You may trade anywhere you are because of it. You can get the program for free from the website of your broker or the authorized developer.
- Encryption and security have improved.
- Market liquidity pools provide an overview of the market’s depth, assisting traders in avoiding low volume trading instruments with poor liquidity.
- Tester- The MT5 tester now supports many currencies, and back-test statistics have been increased. The accuracy of testing results and the optimization of an Expert Advisor or indicator have been increased with the addition of forwarding testing in MT5. The tests that MetaTrader 4 runs are also done by MetaTrader 5, but only for a brief period of time (20 minutes instead of 5 minutes).
Disadvantages of MetaTraders5-
- The biggest drawback of MT5 is that hedging is disabled, which means margins are anticipated to increase given that the majority of liquidity providers normally permit hedging. It may take some time to develop a strong risk management strategy in this situation.
- Since MT5 was not built on MT4 and was written from the ground up, there will be lots of issues.
The two MT4 and MT5 variants perform a vital role. Both of these systems make it easy to use specialized trading strategies and technical analysis. There are also numerous PC and smartphone apps accessible for robot and EA assistance. Since it works with more than 1,000 forex brokers, this platform can be the best choice for seasoned currency traders. Check it out for yourself and make the most of having all required trading tools to save time and make the most of the possibilities on the financial market using both MetaTrader 4 trading platform as well as Metatrader 5.